The National University Commission (NUC) has approved the Take-off of 14 programs at the Transportation University, Daura Katsina state.
This is contained in a letter communicated to the university’s authorities dated October 18, 2023, with reference number NUC/AP/T’6ONOL.II 02, paving the way for the university’s immediate launch.
Senator Saidu A. Alkali, the minister of transportation said the NUC’s approval letter marks a crucial milestone for Transportation University, Daura, as it grants authorization for the commencement of academic programs. With this endorsement, the university is poised to offer 14 diverse programs catering to the transportation industry and related fields.
The approved programs include;
1. B.Eng. Civil Engineering.
2. B.Eng. Electrical Electronics Engineering
3. B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
4. B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
5. B.Eng. Highway Engineering
6. B.Eng. Railway Engineering
7. B.Sc. Aviation Management
8. B.Sc. Transport Management
9. B.Sc. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
10. B.Sc. Maritime Safety and Environmental Administration
11. B.Sc. Railway Transport Management
12. B.Sc. Sea Port and Dry Port Management
13. B.Sc. Inland Waterways Safety and Environmental Administration
14. B.Sc. Maritime Economics
The issuance of the approval letter by the NUC underscores the rigorous assessment and recognition of Transportation University’s commitment to academic excellence and industry relevance. It highlights the collaborative efforts between the Ministry of Transportation, led by Senator Sa’id Ahmed Alkali, and the NUC in advancing Nigeria’s educational landscape.
Transportation University, Daura’s approval from the NUC, as evidenced by the official letter, sets the stage for the university to become a centre of excellence in transportation studies. As the university prepares to welcome its first batch of students, Nigeria anticipates the positive impact that Transportation University will have on the nation’s transportation sector and the overall development of the country.