President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment Aminu Maida as the Executive Vice Chairman EVC/Cheif Executive Officer of the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).
This was contained in a statement signed by special adviser to the president on media and public Chief Ajuri Ngelale.
According to the statement, the appointment includes new and returning Chief Executives to fresh terms in office across multiple agencies under the Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy:
(1) EVC / CEO, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) — Aminu Maida
(2) MD / CEO, Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT) — Nkechi Egerton-Idehen
(3) DG / CEO, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) — Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi
(4) National Commissioner / CEO, Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC) — Dr. Vincent Olatunji
(5) Postmaster General / CEO, Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) — Tola Odeyemi.
Furthermore, in line with President Bola Tinubu’s determination to maximally leverage on Nigeria’s proven technological and digital economic prowess to reposition the nation’s economy toward greater financial inclusion, the President has approved the appointment of Idris Alubankudi as special Adviser to the President on Technology and Digital Economy.
It said by this directive of the President, the above-mentioned appointments take immediate effect.