Agbalumo as fondly called by the Yoruba people is also called African Star Apple or African Cherry in English Language. Its botanical name is Chrysophyllum Albidum. The
IGBO people called it Udara.
It is the season of Agbalumo and it is now in local market accross the country, It is a power-packed favourite.
Below are the Medicinal usages of Agbalumo:
• It helps with weight loss. The fruit is high in fiber which reduces your appetite and prevents you from eating too much. For people who count their calories, it might be the fruit you have been waiting for.
• It eases digestion, thus preventing bloating and constipation and it’s natural antioxidant. The sweet and sour taste of agbalumo acts as a natural remedy for common issues such as constipation, toothache, sore throat and indigestion.
• Fresh Agbalumo leave can be boiled with water and decoction can be taken a teacup trice daily, the leaves of agbalumo reduces glucose levels in diabetic patient.
• Agbalumo contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and cacium. It is delicious and low in calories.
• The fruit helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar, thus reducing your chances of getting heart-related diseases.
You body system will thank you, Just by eating this Agbalumo.