Traditional Institution has been described as one of the foremost platforms to get connected to the people and contribute positively to their lives.
Clerk, Kwara State House of Assembly, Hajia Halimah Jumai Kperogi, gave this hint shortly after she was turbaned as the Yon Yeruma of Gwanara Emirate, Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State.
Hajia Kperogi noted that the new traditional title bestowed on her was a challenge and opportunity to render more contributions to Gwanara Emirate and its people.
The new Yon Yeruma of Gwanara Emirate has been instrumental to the stability of Kwara State House of Assembly in recent times.
L-R, HRH, Emir of Ilesha-Baruba, Yon Yeruma, Hajia Halimah Kperogi, Speaker Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Danladi Salihu, Alhaji Rauf Abdulrazaq, Leader of KWHA, Hon.Magaji Abubakar Olawoyin
It would be recalled that the Present 9th Assembly was inaugurated as a fresh yolk with all the honourable members as greeners, it was the vast experience of Hajia Kperogi in legislative matters that has largely contributed to the stability and progress of the Assembly within a short period.
Meanwhile, the Yon Yeruma has expressed appreciation to well wishers for their show of love over the new attainment.
She particularly appreciated;
1. The Excutive Governor of Kwara State , Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq
2. Speaker kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon.Engr. Yakubu Danladi Salihu
3. Hon. Members and Wives
4. Hon. Commissioners
5. Chairman & Members of Kwara State House of Assembly Service Commission
6. DG of Bureaus
7. Chairmen & Members of State Commissions, Boards & Agencies
8. Permanent Secretaries
9. Alhaji Baba Abdulrazaq
10. Staff, Kwara State House of Assembly
11. The Gwanara Emirate Council under the Chairmanship of Alhaji ( Dr. ) Abdullahi Sabi Idris.
12. The Baruten Traditional Council
13. Staff Kwara State House of Assembly
14. The Suno Aliyu Family Gwanara, Aliyu Kperogi Family Okuta, Siblings, Children, Grandchildren, Friends , Family and
15. The Press.